Black pepperdoes a whole lot more than hang around with salt. Researchers have recently found that black pepper can reduce the perception of pain, reduce inflammation, and combat arthritis. These discoveries follow other studies showing black pepper can block complications from diabetes, act as a powerful antioxidant and fight off colon cancer. Black pepper has been shown to substantially increase the bioavailability of nutrients from food and supplements, providing more nutrients for each dollar spent. All this makes sprinkling black pepper on food one of the easiest and most economical interventions people can make to boost their overall health status.
• Black pepper is an antioxidant powerhouse
• Black pepper inhibits colon cancer cell proliferation
• Digestion and intestinal health are improved by black pepper
• Piperine increases bioavailability of nutrients from food and supplements
• Black pepper has been highly valued for thousands of years